RE: Animal Farm Chapter One
- What is the setting for the story?
- What four characteristics are noted about Boxer the horse?
- What comment does Benjamin the donkey make that shows his cynicism and bad temper?
- How does Clover help the other animals at the meeting?
- What does Old Major say is the reason the animals have such miserable lives?
5. What does Old Major say is the reason the animals have such miserable lives?
Old Major in his speech dedicated to the farm`s animals says that the reason of their miserable condition are human beings. He continues that they steal all the products of their labor whereas human don’t produce any and if there were no men to control their lives, there will be no overwork or hunger. The farm could be independent and prosperous if it wasn’t for the human owner.