RE: Animal Farm help me with homework: Chapter one
- What is Major’s prediction about Boxer?
- What decision is made concerning the status of wild creatures such as rats and rabbits?
- What is the name of the song Old Major teaches the animals?
- Why does Orwell end the chapter with Jones shooting towards the barn?
4. Why does Orwell end the chapter with Jones shooting towards the barn?
When Old Major begins to sing “Beasts of England” all the animals become excited and begin singing along with him, which causes a lot of noise. The animals together sing the song for five times and so Mr. Jones, which has been sleeping, wakes up, takes the gun and shoots towards the barn to make the animals quiet: he thought that a fox had entered the farm. The animals get scared and go to their places to sleep.