RE: Animal Farm help me with homework: Chapter one
- What is Major’s prediction about Boxer?
- What decision is made concerning the status of wild creatures such as rats and rabbits?
- What is the name of the song Old Major teaches the animals?
- Why does Orwell end the chapter with Jones shooting towards the barn?
1. What is Major’s prediction about Boxer?
In his speech to the farm`s animals Old Major states that when Boxer, the horse, will be not able to work as hard as before when he will grow old, the farm`s owner will sell him to the knacker. The pig then continues that he will be killed and transformed into food for the foxhounds. He also adds that this is the fate on nearly all the animals of the farm (cows, pigs, hens, sheep) because of men.