RE: Hamlet Questions Act 2 Scene 1-2: Why is Ophelia frightened by Hamlet
- Why is Ophelia frightened by Hamlet?
- How does Polonius explain Hamlet’s behavior? Is he right? Explain.
- Who are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern? Why have they come to Elsinore?
- Are they betraying their friend Hamlet? Explain.
- What is Polonius’s plan for proving that Hamlet’s odd behavior is the result of love madness?
- What does Hamlet request the traveling players to perform? Why?
6. Hamlet requests the traveling players to perform a speech he once heard. The speech is from a play which depicts a murder similar to that which the ghost described to Hamlet. He wants to see if Claudius reaction to hearing the speech will reveal that he killed King Hamlet.