RE: Hamlet Questions Act 2 Scene 1-2: Why is Ophelia frightened by Hamlet
- Why is Ophelia frightened by Hamlet?
- How does Polonius explain Hamlet’s behavior? Is he right? Explain.
- Who are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern? Why have they come to Elsinore?
- Are they betraying their friend Hamlet? Explain.
- What is Polonius’s plan for proving that Hamlet’s odd behavior is the result of love madness?
- What does Hamlet request the traveling players to perform? Why?
3. King Claudius has summoned Hamlet’s two school friends (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern) to Elsinore to have them spy on the Prince and report back to Claudius, recounting Hamlet’s every move.