RE: Hamlet Questions Act 2 Scene 1-2: Why is Ophelia frightened by Hamlet
- Why is Ophelia frightened by Hamlet?
- How does Polonius explain Hamlet’s behavior? Is he right? Explain.
- Who are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern? Why have they come to Elsinore?
- Are they betraying their friend Hamlet? Explain.
- What is Polonius’s plan for proving that Hamlet’s odd behavior is the result of love madness?
- What does Hamlet request the traveling players to perform? Why?
5. He offers to loose Ophelia on Hamlet while he is reading alone in the library. Meanwhile, he suggests, he and Claudius could hide behind a tapestry and observe the meeting.