RE: Hamlet Questions Act 2 Scene 1-2: Why is Ophelia frightened by Hamlet
- Why is Ophelia frightened by Hamlet?
- How does Polonius explain Hamlet’s behavior? Is he right? Explain.
- Who are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern? Why have they come to Elsinore?
- Are they betraying their friend Hamlet? Explain.
- What is Polonius’s plan for proving that Hamlet’s odd behavior is the result of love madness?
- What does Hamlet request the traveling players to perform? Why?
2. Polonius tells the king and queen, in a very indirect way, that he has discovered Hamlet’s foiled love of Ophelia, and that he believes this lost love to be the root cause of Hamlet’s madness.