RE: I need some help with The Great Gatsby
1. Why would Fitzgerald write this from Nick Carraway’s point of view?
2. What is the relationship between Nick and the Buchanans?
3. Why does Daisy always speak in such exaggerated phrases?
4. Why does Daisy hope her child will be a “beautiful fool”?
5. Why does Daisy describe her youth as a “white girlhood”?
6. Why does Gatsby reach out to the water?
7. What might the green light symbolize?
8. Who is Nick Carraway? What do you know about him from the first chapter? (Focus particularly on his views, emotions, and reactions to others).
9. Who is Tom Buchanan? What do you know about him from the first chapter? (Focus on what he says, his physical descriptions, and actions).
10. Who is Daisy Buchanan? What do you know about her from the first chapter? (Focus on what she says and her actions).
8. Nick Carraway is a young man from Minnesota, he is well educated, he was a soldier and fought in the World War I, after this he decided to learn about business, that is why he goes to New York. He is honest, tolerant, he truly knows what is good and what is bad. People like him and trust him, that is why he is the narrator of the story because people will not question his word.