RE: Please help with homework Jane Eyre: Did Grace Poole try to kill
- Did Grace Poole try to kill Mr. Rochester with a knife?
- Has everyone at Thornfield known about Grace Poole’s attempt to murder Mr. Rochester?
- Did Mr. Brocklehurst and his family live a simple life?
- Is Jane goes to Thornfield Hall to become a governor?
4. Is Jane goes to Thornfield Hall to become a governor?
Yes. She is. Jane places at advertisement for a governess position in the local newspaper. She receives only one reply, from a Mrs. Fairfax of Thornfield, near Millcote, who seeks a governess for a ten-year old girl. Jane accepts the job. ‘Mrs. Fairfax! I saw her in a black gown and widow’s cap; frigid, perhaps, but not uncivil: a model of elderly English respectability. Thornfield! that, doubtless, was the name of her house: a neat orderly spot, I was sure; though I failed in my efforts to conceive a correct plan of the premises.’ “Thornfield will, probably, be a good way from the town.”, she thought.