RE: The Catcher in the Rye help with homework Chapter 18
- On page 137, what objection does Holden think Jesus would have had to the Radio City program he saw? Is he right or wrong? Defend your answer.
- Holden says he is an atheist? Is he? Defend your answer.
- Why is Holden opposed to war?
- Jane explains her date’s behavior by claiming he has a what?
- How does Holden pass the time while waiting to meet his friend?
Jane explains her date’s behavior by claiming he has a what?
Holden once again considers giving Jane a call to invite her to go dancing. He remembers how she danced with Al Pike from Choate. Although Holden thought that he was “all muscles and no brains,” Jane claimed that he had an inferiority complex and felt sorry for him. Holden thinks that girls divide guys into two types, no matter what their personality: a girl will justify bad behavior as part of an inferiority complex for those she likes, while claim those that she doesn’t like are conceited.