RE: The Catcher in the Rye help with homework Chapter 18
- On page 137, what objection does Holden think Jesus would have had to the Radio City program he saw? Is he right or wrong? Defend your answer.
- Holden says he is an atheist? Is he? Defend your answer.
- Why is Holden opposed to war?
- Jane explains her date’s behavior by claiming he has a what?
- How does Holden pass the time while waiting to meet his friend?
How does Holden pass the time while waiting to meet his friend?
After Holden leaves the skating rink he goes to a drugstore because he’s hungry. He again contemplates calling Jane and reminisces about how jealous he was of another boy dancing with her at a Fourth of July dance. He calls Jane, but she doesn’t answer. So, Holden calls an old friend Carl Luce, an older kid that he used to know at Whooton School and sets up to meet him later for drinks. To kill time, Holden reluctantly goes to see a movie at Radio City. While watching the Rockettes Christmas show, Holden notices the guy in the orchestra who plays the kettle drums. Holden remembers how he and Allie used to love watching the kettle drum player in the orchestra pit during the shows. After the Christmas show ends the movie starts and Holden finds this boring and “putrid”.