RE: The Catcher in the Rye help with homework Chapter 20
- What does Holden’s wound symbolize on page 150?
- What is significant about Holden’s sitting on the radiator in the men’s room?
- Of what significance is it that Holden breaks the record he had bought for Phoebe?
- Does Holden find the ducks in the park when he goes there? In what ways is his discovery symbolic?
- Why is it particularly pathetic that there are chunks of ice in Holden’s hat?
- What does Holden find hypocritical about funerals?
What does Holden’s wound symbolize on page 150?
What Holden’s wound symbolizes is that he covers it up to be unnoticed yet he wants to be someone different and belong. As he states, ” I was the only guy at the bar with a bulletin my guts. I kept putting my hand under my jacket, on my stomach and all, to keep the blood from dripping all over the place.” This symbolizes Holden’s internal pain and suffering.