RE: The Catcher in the Rye help with homework Chapter 23
- Why was James Castle important to Holden?
- How does Holden regard Mr. Antolini?
- How does Phoebe manipulate her mother?
- What does Phoebe give Holden?
- What does Holden’s mother smell when she comes home?
- What does Holden ask to borrow from Phoebe?
- What time is it when Holden calls Mr. Antolini?
How does Holden regard Mr. Antolini?
Holden calls Mr. Antolini. Upset that Holden has been expelled from another school, Mr. Antolini invites Holden to come stay at to his house. Holden describes Mr. Antolini as the best teacher he ever had. Mr. Antolini was the only person who even went near James Castle’s body after he jumped out the window. Mr. Antolini represents Holden’s last hope: an adult he respects as non-phony, who, unlike other adults, tried to be a Catcher for James Castle. That’s what Holden’s looking for, someone to Catch him.