RE: The Catcher in the Rye help with homework Chapter 23
- Why was James Castle important to Holden?
- How does Holden regard Mr. Antolini?
- How does Phoebe manipulate her mother?
- What does Phoebe give Holden?
- What does Holden’s mother smell when she comes home?
- What does Holden ask to borrow from Phoebe?
- What time is it when Holden calls Mr. Antolini?
How does Phoebe manipulate her mother?
When her mother comes in, she tells Phoebe that she know she is awake because she saw the light and ask if Phoebe has been smoking. Phoebe makes up a story about lightening one, taking one puff and then throwing it out of the window. After brief conversation about Phoebe’s evening her mother dismisses herself with complaints of a headache. Her mother get a lot of headaches since Allie died.