RE: The Great Gatsby (by Chapter 8)
- What was unique about Daisy to Gatsby?
- What increased Daisy’s value in Gatsby’s eyes?
- What happened one October night?
- What did Gatsby let Daisy believe?
- How did Gatsby do in the war?
- What did Daisy do “through the twilight universe?”
- What does Gatsby say about Daisy’s relationship with Tom?
- What time of year is it when Nick talks to Gatsby?
- Why didn’t Nick want to leave?
- How does Nick feel about the whole crowd?
- How did Nick feel about Gatsby?
- Who calls Nick while he is at work?
- What previous incident makes Wilson suspicious?
- What had Wilson found after Myrtle’s death?
- What did Wilson tell Myrtle before she died?
- What did Wilson ask someone in West Egg for directions to?
- What happens to Gatsby?
How did Gatsby do in the war?
In the war, Gatsby did well for himself (medals and such). He tried to get home as soon as the war was over, but through some administrative error or possibly the hand of God, he was sent to Oxford.