RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (by Chapter 5)
- What did Nick first think had happened when he arrived home?
- What does Gatsby want to fix at Nick’s house?
- What does Nick say to Daisy on the phone? How does she respond?
- What was the weather like on the day Daisy arrived?
- Describe Gatsby’s attire.
- How was Gatsby acting?
- What time did Daisy arrive?
- What happened when Daisy arrived at Nick’s?
- How did Nick describe Gatsby’s reappearance?
- Explain the clock incident?
- How long has it been since Daisy and Gatsby saw each other?
- What has the weather done? How is it significant?
- What does Nick see when he returns to Gatsby and Daisy?
- Why is Gatsby “freaking” out in Nick’s kitchen?
- How are Daisy’s emotions different from Gatsby’s?
- What two mistakes did Gatsby make while talking to Nick?
- Why does Gatsby question Nick?
- What is Daisy’s response when she sees Gatsby’s mansion for the first time?
- Describe how Gatsby decorated his mansion.
- Explain what happens when Gatsby shows Daisy his shirts.
- What did Gatsby want Klipspringer to do? What was his reply?
- Who is the man in the photo?
- How does Nick feel at the end of the chapter? How does he react?
Gatsby’s house – The one on my right was a colossal affair by any standard—it was a factual imitation of some Hôtel de Ville in Normandy, with a tower on one side, spanking new under a thin beard of raw ivy, and a marble swimming pool, and more than forty acres of lawn and garden.