RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 1)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 1?
- How does Nick describe himself at the beginning of the novel?
- How does Nick describe Tom Buchanan?
- Who is Jordan Baker? What does Nick find appealing about her?
- What is Gatsby doing when Nick first sees him?
- How does the tone of Nick’s description of Tom reveal Nick’s feelings about Tom? Use a quotation from the text to justify your answer.
4. At first, Nick thought that Jordan was snobbish but later came to like for her confidence. She is described as “balancing girl”.