RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 1)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 1?
- How does Nick describe himself at the beginning of the novel?
- How does Nick describe Tom Buchanan?
- Who is Jordan Baker? What does Nick find appealing about her?
- What is Gatsby doing when Nick first sees him?
- How does the tone of Nick’s description of Tom reveal Nick’s feelings about Tom? Use a quotation from the text to justify your answer.
4. Jordan is as Nick said “balansing girl”. At first he did not like her, but later understood that she is not that bad.