RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 4)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 4?
- What does Gatsby tell Nick about himself?
- According to Jordan, what did Daisy do on her wedding day? Why?
- Why does Gatsby want to have tea with Daisy in Nick’s house? Why doesn’t Gatsby ask Nick for this favor himself?
- How does Daisy behave after Gatsby goes overseas? What does her behavior show about her feelings for Gatsby? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
3. According to Jordan, Daisy cried, threw away the pearls that Tom has given her and almost canceled the wedding because of the letter from Gatsby she has received.