RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 5)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 5?
- What is the meeting between Gatsby and Daisy like initially?
- How are Daisy and Gatsby different when Nick returns to the house after a half an hour?
- What are Gatsby’s feeling by the end of the chapter?
- Why do you think Daisy sobs when Gatsby shows her his shirts? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
- What is the weather like in this chapter? How does it reflect the emotional climate of Gatsby and Daisy? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
3. Nick leaves Daisy and Gatsby for 30 minutes and when he returns he sees that Daisy has been crying and Gatsby’s face is glowing. It is obvious that they talked about something deeply emotional and personal and it seems like Gatsby is one step closer to his dream come true.