RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 5)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 5?
- What is the meeting between Gatsby and Daisy like initially?
- How are Daisy and Gatsby different when Nick returns to the house after a half an hour?
- What are Gatsby’s feeling by the end of the chapter?
- Why do you think Daisy sobs when Gatsby shows her his shirts? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
- What is the weather like in this chapter? How does it reflect the emotional climate of Gatsby and Daisy? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
4. At the end of the chapter, Gatsby is happy because of his long-awaited reunion with Daisy. And when he spent some time with her, he looks enchanted but at the same time, as Nick notes, bewildered.