RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 5)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 5?
- What is the meeting between Gatsby and Daisy like initially?
- How are Daisy and Gatsby different when Nick returns to the house after a half an hour?
- What are Gatsby’s feeling by the end of the chapter?
- Why do you think Daisy sobs when Gatsby shows her his shirts? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
- What is the weather like in this chapter? How does it reflect the emotional climate of Gatsby and Daisy? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
6. In the beginning, there is a heavy rain and then the sun comes out. This might be a metaphor for the relationships between Gatsby and Daisy. When they first meet it is awkward and weird – gloomy like rain. And then when they become comfortable – the sun comes out.