RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 5)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 5?
- What is the meeting between Gatsby and Daisy like initially?
- How are Daisy and Gatsby different when Nick returns to the house after a half an hour?
- What are Gatsby’s feeling by the end of the chapter?
- Why do you think Daisy sobs when Gatsby shows her his shirts? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
- What is the weather like in this chapter? How does it reflect the emotional climate of Gatsby and Daisy? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
5. Because it showed her that if she had waited just a little bit longer for Gatsby, then he would have money, so her parents would have let her marry him.