RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 6)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 6?
- When does James Gatz change his name? Why?
- What is Daisy’s real response to the party, according to Nick?
- What does Gatsby tell Nick he wants Daisy to do?
- What is Nick’s view of the past? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
4. He wanted Daisy to talk to Tom and say not only that she does not love him anymore, but that she never loved him at all. Because he lives in an illusion and thinks that he can negate previous five years that Daisy spent with Tom and reconnect with her like nothing ever happened.