RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 6)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 6?
- When does James Gatz change his name? Why?
- What is Daisy’s real response to the party, according to Nick?
- What does Gatsby tell Nick he wants Daisy to do?
- What is Nick’s view of the past? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
2. James Gatz changed his name because it symbolized the beginning of his new life. He wanted to change everything and become successful and did not want to go into this new life with an old name.