RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 7)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot of Chapter 7?
- Why does Gatsby stop giving parties?
- When does Tom first realize that Daisy loves Gatsby?
- Why is Myrtle Wilson upset when she sees Tom and Jordan? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
- Why does George Wilson lock Myrtle in the bedroom?
- At the end of the chapter, Gatsby is standing alone, looking out at Daisy’s house. Where else in the novel does he do this? How is this different? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
5. Wilson has clued into the fact that his Myrtle is having an affair. This is why he locks her in the room. George plans on letting her out in a few days and leaving with her. Gatsby says that Daisy’s voice is full of money because Daisy has always lived a life of privilege, and always will.