RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 7)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot of Chapter 7?
- Why does Gatsby stop giving parties?
- When does Tom first realize that Daisy loves Gatsby?
- Why is Myrtle Wilson upset when she sees Tom and Jordan? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
- Why does George Wilson lock Myrtle in the bedroom?
- At the end of the chapter, Gatsby is standing alone, looking out at Daisy’s house. Where else in the novel does he do this? How is this different? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
2. Gatsby started to throw his famous parties to make Daisy come and reconnect with her and when his plan was finished and Daisy was with him, there was no need to make parties anymore.