RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 7)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot of Chapter 7?
- Why does Gatsby stop giving parties?
- When does Tom first realize that Daisy loves Gatsby?
- Why is Myrtle Wilson upset when she sees Tom and Jordan? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
- Why does George Wilson lock Myrtle in the bedroom?
- At the end of the chapter, Gatsby is standing alone, looking out at Daisy’s house. Where else in the novel does he do this? How is this different? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
4. While Jordan and Tom stop for gas at the Wilson’s gas store, Myrtle mistakes Jordan for Daisy. Myrtle was notoriously jealous of Daisy.