RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 7)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot of Chapter 7?
- Why does Gatsby stop giving parties?
- When does Tom first realize that Daisy loves Gatsby?
- Why is Myrtle Wilson upset when she sees Tom and Jordan? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
- Why does George Wilson lock Myrtle in the bedroom?
- At the end of the chapter, Gatsby is standing alone, looking out at Daisy’s house. Where else in the novel does he do this? How is this different? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
6. This scene is just like the first time Nick sees Gatsby, when he stands and stares at the green light.
“Involuntarily I glanced seaward–and distinguished nothing except a single green light, minute and far away, that might have been the end of a dock. When I looked once more for Gatsby he had vanished . . . “