RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 9)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot of Chapter 9?
- What is the motive publicly given for Wilson’s murder of Gatsby?
- What does the telephone call from Chicago tell us about Gatsby’s business?
- Why is Gatsby’s father so proud of him?
- How does Nick characterize Tom and Daisy at the end of the book? Use at least one quotation from the book to justify your answer.
- What does the green light symbolize at the end of the novel? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
6. The green light disappears at the end of the novel. And as we know it had symbolized Gatsby’s hopes and dreams in the beginning of the novel, so it foreshadows his tragic end at the conclusion.