RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 9)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot of Chapter 9?
- What is the motive publicly given for Wilson’s murder of Gatsby?
- What does the telephone call from Chicago tell us about Gatsby’s business?
- Why is Gatsby’s father so proud of him?
- How does Nick characterize Tom and Daisy at the end of the book? Use at least one quotation from the book to justify your answer.
- What does the green light symbolize at the end of the novel? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
4. When Nick tracked down Gatsby’s father, he found a lonely man who was devastated by the death of his son. He showed Nick a book with Gatsby’s self-improvement schedule, where all his life was planned up to seconds and his father was proud of how far his son ‘made it’ in life.