RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 9)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot of Chapter 9?
- What is the motive publicly given for Wilson’s murder of Gatsby?
- What does the telephone call from Chicago tell us about Gatsby’s business?
- Why is Gatsby’s father so proud of him?
- How does Nick characterize Tom and Daisy at the end of the book? Use at least one quotation from the book to justify your answer.
- What does the green light symbolize at the end of the novel? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
2. It is said that Wilson was a mad man and went crazy.