1984 PART 1: Chapter VIII – Discussion Questions
- Why does Winston feel that “it could only be a prole” (p.90) who could give a “truthful account of conditions in the early part of the century”?
- What question does Winton ask the man in the bar? What does Winston conclude at the end of the conversation with the man?
- Describe the glass object Winston buys in the antique shop. (p99) Why is it “doubly attractive”?
- What is the name of the owner of the antique shop?
- When Winston runs into a female party member, what does he first consider doing and why does he change his mind?
- Discuss any part of this chapter that relates or reminds you of your own life or of a part of our culture.
Asked on 17.04.2017 in English Literature.