1984 PART II: Chapter IX – Discussion Questions
- According to the book, what important reason does the state have for not ordering its citizens to build pyramids or temples instead of weapons if the aim is just to keep them busy? Whose morale is most important? (p200)
- According to the book where is the hysteria and hatred of the enemy strongest? How does what you’ve learned about doublethink relate to this? (p200)
- What is one of the few remaining activities for an inventive mind? (p201)
- What are the two aims of the Party? (p201)
- What are the two great problems for the Party to overcome? (p201)
Asked on 17.04.2017 in English Literature.