The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, English research help: Discuss the use of satire in the novel and how
- Discuss the use of satire in the novel and how Twain uses different types of humor for social commentary.
- Discuss the theme of romanticism versus realism.
- Discuss Twain’s use of Huck Finn as the narrator and how Huck’s literal voice impacts the novel.
- Discuss Huck’s view of religion, especially his idea of two types of Providence and the characters that represent each type.
- Discuss the novel as a realistic portrayal of American racism before and after the Civil War.