The Catcher in the Rye Chapter 25 Questions
- How does Holden help the two kids at the museum? What is symbolic about the meeting? What is ironic?
- Explain two examples of Holden’s accepting reality in this chapter.
- What does Phoebe wanting to go away with Holden do for him? How does Phoebe force Holden to accept responsibility?
- What is symbolic and ironic about Phoebe’s role in the school play?
- What is the significance of Phoebe’s riding the carousel and reaching for the gold ring?
- How is Holden’s hunting hat symbolic in this chapter?