Discussion questions – Hobbit Chapter 5: What riddle stumps Gollum
- What riddle stumps Gollum?
- Was Gollum prepared to keep his part of the bargain?
- How did Bilbo find that the ring made him invisible? Why is finding the ring seen as Bilbo’s “turning point in his career”?
- Why did Bilbo follow Gollum?
- What did Bilbo lose as he slipped through the back door?
- What was Bilbo’s response to Gollum’s outrage and pain? What does that suggest about Bilbo?
Asked on 22.06.2017 in English Literature.