Discussion questions – Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer: What did you think about the portrayal
- What did you think about the portrayal of 18th Century France as a stinking cesspool? Aren’t they supposed to be in the ultimate Age of Reason? How did Suskind create tension between these two ideas?
- What kind of person was Suskind satirizing with the marquis who was so concerned about the lethal gases of corruption?
- In the end, Grenouille becomes completely godlike by using the ultimate scent to bring Grasse to its knees. Do you think he enjoyed the moment?
- What did you think of the ending? Why did Suskind take Grenouille to that particular spot to meet his fate?
- Let’s talk about the analogy of Grenouille as a tick…