Discussion questions – Scarlet Pimpernel: Chapter XII
1. Why is Marguerite so nervous?
2. What has Chauvelin asked her to do?
3. Who makes up a poem about the Scarlet Pimpernel?
4. Who does Sir Andrew enjoy talking with at the Ball?
5. When does Suzanne expect her father to be rescued?
6. List the people Marguerite considers who might be the Scarlet Pimpernel?
7. Who puts something into Andrew’s hand?
8. How does Marguerite get the paper?
9. As Marguerite stands holding the paper, what does Andrew recall?
10. Why is Andrew unaware that she reads the note?
11. What does he do with the note?