Fahrenheit 451 help with homework
- What final question does Clarisse ask Montag on the night of their first encounter? Why might this question be a catalyst to the plot?
- When Montag enters his home, he stares at the blank wall but in memory sees Clarisse. What extended simile describes how he sees her? What is significant about the comparison?
- Find two further similes Montag uses to describe Clarisse. Do the similes serve any purpose other than to characterize Clarisse?
- Describe the bedroom Montag enters. Whom does the setting characterize?
- At this point of realization, what happens to the smile on Montag’s face? What is Montag’s answer to Clarisse’s question?