Fahrenheit 451 help with homework Part 1
- What is shocking and disturbing about the way Montag finds out what happened to Clarisse? What does this tell us about Mildred and about their society?
- Why does Montag get “sick” and try to avoid going to work?
- What does the revelation that Montag has so many books hidden in his home tell us about him? Why do Montag’s hands seem to have a mind of their own—what does this actually mean?
- What is Beatty’s explanation for the current state of their society?
- What do you think of Mildred’s claim that she is happy, and why? How do you define happiness? Is being happy always the most important goal of life?