Fahrenheit 451 help with homework Part 1
- What is shocking and disturbing about the way Montag finds out what happened to Clarisse? What does this tell us about Mildred and about their society?
- Why does Montag get “sick” and try to avoid going to work?
- What does the revelation that Montag has so many books hidden in his home tell us about him? Why do Montag’s hands seem to have a mind of their own—what does this actually mean?
- What is Beatty’s explanation for the current state of their society?
- What do you think of Mildred’s claim that she is happy, and why? How do you define happiness? Is being happy always the most important goal of life?
Asked on 20.04.2017 in English Literature.