Fahrenheit 451 help with homework Part 3: 1 st half
- Why do you think Beatty “let the first alarm ride”?
- What is the “earthquake” that had come?
- Why do Beatty’s eyes widen when Montag toggles the safety on his flame thrower? Why do
you think Montag kills him? Is it a simple act of revenge?
- What does Bradbury’s description of Montag’s knee as being hit by a car really mean? This is
another example of Bradbury’s idiosyncratic style of description.
- What do you think Montag is expressing regret about when he calls himself “an awful fool,