Fahrenheit 451 help with homework Part 3: 1 st half
1. What does Beatty’s speech about Clarisse reveal about him—why does he speak about her so
2. What action has Mildred taken, and what does this show about her values? What do you
think she means when she says that “everything’s gone now”?
3. Why do you think that everyone in the world of Fahrenheit 451 thinks that, as Beatty puts it,
“nothing will ever happen to me…there are no consequences and no responsibilities”? Is this
similar to people in our society today?
4. What attitude or aspect of human nature is fire symbolic of? Think about Beatty’s
philosophy of “burning a problem” rather than facing it.
5. Why does Montag burn his entire house and everything in it?