Fahrenheit 451 help with homework Part 3: 2-nd Half
1. What does Montag’s description of the TV audience mean? (“He imagined thousands of faces
with gray colorless eyes, gray tongues, and gray thoughts looking out through the numb flesh of
2. What do you think the river symbolizes?
3. What does the sun represent? What connection does Montag see between the sun and time?
Why does he decide he must never burn again?
4. How does Montag think Mildred would react to the silence of the countryside? Why?
5. Why do you think Montag is sure that Clarisse has walked along that railroad track before?