Gulliver’s Travels Questions Book One: Lilliput
1. How does Gulliver appear to regard his own story’s publication what effect, if any, does he expect it will have on readers?
2. What first led Gulliver to follow the course of life he did that of an adventurer and traveller? Do his motives change as time passes?
3. What are your impressions of the Lilliputians at the beginning? How do they change as the book progresses?
4. How does being a giant change Gulliver’s attitude toward himself?
5. How does Swift present the Lilliputian Emperor? (Swift is satirizing England’s King George) Flimnap? Bolgolam?