Help with Questions to Gulliver’s Travels Part IV Chapter I: What do James Welch’s buccaneers/mutineers do
- What do James Welch’s buccaneers/mutineers do with Gulliver after taking over the ship on May 9th, 1711?
- How does Gulliver end up being left marooned?
- What Bristol captain takes Lemuel Gulliver out on the fateful voyage from Portsmouth?
Several men on the ship die of calentures. What are calentures?
- What horrible discovery does Lemuel Gulliver make about the men he hires in the Barbadoes islands? (I.e., what do these new recruits end up doing on the voyage?)
- Strange half-shaggy, half-hairless creatures assault Gulliver on the island. What do we later learn is the name of these creatures?