Jane Eyre Questions Chapter 5-6
1. Describe the conditions at Lowood school.
2. What is unfair about Mr. Brocklehurst’s treatment of Jane? What is her punishment?
3. Describe Helen. What does Jane think about her? What does Helen think about herself?
4. What do Mr. Brocklehurst’s daughters look and act like? What is ironic about Mr. Brocklehursts lectures on hair and dress?
5. Miss Temple and Helen Burns serve as mentors for Jane. Helen has the more profound and lasting effect. Describe Miss Temple. What does the name “temple” suggest?