Moby-Dick Questions Chapter 134 and 135: Why does Ahab take to the mast head
- Why does Ahab take to the mast head on the second day of the chase?
- How is the white whale finally spotted on the second day? How are the whale and its actions described?
- How does the whale react to the approach of the Pequod’s boats?
- On the second day, three harpoons are successfully attached to the whale. Why do the crew cut the lines?
- Once again, Moby Dick successfully disables one of the Pequod’s boats. Whose and how? What happens to Ahab?
- How many casualties does the white whale inflict on the second lowering and how?