Moby-Dick Questions Chapters 1 and 2: Ishmael gives an interesting reason for going to sea
- Ishmael gives an interesting reason for going to sea. What is it, and what does it show about his character?
- Why would Melville choose the name “Ishmael”? Look into the Ishmael of the Bible.
- One of the first things Ishmael notices upon entering the inn is a painting. What does this painting depict and what does it foreshadow?
- Why is Ishmael afraid after hearing about his bedmate?
- What about Queequeg’s appearance does Ishmael find disturbing?What does he say when he eventually decides to get over it? How is Queequeg described? Should we fear “the other” (anyone different from us
Asked on 01.06.2017 in English Literature.